Saturday, September 1, 2012
Its been a long time since I've posted here. With my heath the way its been over the past year, its been hard to do anything consistently. I'm in and out of the hospital alot, and still having wound issues close to a year later. Sometimes I feel like I will never get well. I'm finally coming to the light at the end of the tunnel it feels like, though I'm not sure what will be on the other side when i get there. I guess we will just have to see what happens when it happens. Knitting is something to do that I can take with me into the hospital. It keeps my hands busy and lets me get my projects done. I knit almost the whole time I'm in there.
I have a big yarn stash and have been going through it bit by bit, though the more I take away the more I add two it. I bought 10 skeins today for $2 each at one of the discount stores over here in Australia. The quality is lovely, 100% acrylic 8 ply. The brand is Needles. There are some little fuzzies from time to time that I have to pick out, but its soft yarn. It feels alot like homespun. This picture is what I bought today. I will get pictures of my stash up at a later date. I roll everything into balls so its gunna be a pile, but I have alot of beautiful colors. I need to get my camera back from my husband. These pictures aren't that good on the Ipod. But the blue is going into a scarf for Jon. and the other colors either socks or needle cases. The one at the bottom of the picture I got two of but have already started knitting a needle case with so I left it out.
I have several projects that I'm working on at this time. My sock series is a fun one. I will be putting up alot of pictures of those. Ive never knitted socks before but Ive watch my mother knit them plenty over there years. She loves to knit, she says its relaxing, almost meditative. I would have to agree. Ive knitted two pairs of socks so far from a pattern I bought from VeryPink.Com. The pattern is called Learn To Knit Socks. I will post a link to VeryPink here. Her patterns are lovely, she has some free ones and some that you pay for. What I love about her patterns is that she links them to YouTube so if you don't know how to knit something you can get the information from her. Its a great learning tool. I want to work on some other sock patterns and will probably play with some of them soon, but I love this pattern and am making several pairs of them to run around the house and hospital in. They are warm and comfortable but not really good with shoes. I discovered that yesterday when I wore them out to the shops yesterday. They hurt my feet, my mother was right. They are perfect for running around the house though and keeping the feet warm so I guess that's a good thing. Here are a couple pairs Ive knitted. They are alot of fun. I like to work on several things at once though.
I'm working on my own patterns as well as other things. Ive knitted several berets' for my husband and I will put up a couple of those pics as well. They are fun knits. The colors Ive used for them so far are black, red and gray. He wants a double knit scarf with a heartogram on it that I will post about later when I start working on it. The heartogram is the symbol of his favorite band HIM. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I got a new application from Itunes that allows me to convert pictures into knitting patterns. Its made for the Ipad but it will work for the Ipod touch as well. Its called Knitting Cam and is free. I will be using that pattern to get the heartogram right. Ive tried drawing it on graph paper and it comes out odd so we will see what this program says and does about it soon.
The beret pattern is a free download that I found on Ravely.com. I found the pattern here. I have to make a couple more of them including another gray one cause my husband says the last one I made was two small and a navy blue one for Jon. I will be making a basic scarf for Jon as well but not sure about that pattern yet. I will post it when I find the one I like. I have several projects that I want to make for my friends and family and I will be posting those as I work on them. I could put up a list of links but that is kinda boring. Its more fun for me to post the progress pics and I go along. I do take alot of pics and label them but I won't be posting all of them but I will be posting several as I go along. The colors are lovely and the fabrics are so nice when they come out. Ive even washed some of them and let them dry in the sun, with a little fabric softener. They come out very very soft.
This post will be a bunch of ramblings with short pics and the like. I have alot of pictures and projects and not enough words to share. There is a wrap that I'm working on as well that is Entraloc. That is alot of fun to make. There are alot of little swatches that are knitted and purled individually. The stitches used are knit, purl, and slip stitch. The end result makes the fabric look basket woven. its rather lovely. I will post progress pic's at a later date as well as details. Ive modified a patter to make the wrap I'm working on, so its my own count and what not but tweaked from the original author. There are other things I'm working on as well and I will post detailed patterns and pics as we go along. Its good to be writing and I'm exciting about the things that I'm working on so we will see how things work out as we go along. I love taking pics of all my work so there will be alot of progress pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment