Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back on the planet...maybe.

Wow, its been a couple years since I've been here. I have a hard time believing that my last post was the breakup of my husband and I over two years ago. I will give a cliff notes version of what has happened to me in the past two years and see how that goes.
After my husband and I split up we didn't talk for almost a year until I bit the bullet and told him that I accept him no matter what and if he can get over the hurt feelings and anger I would love to be friends with him. It took him a while and I'm not sure he is completely over it but we are on pretty good terms right now. We do sit and talk and both of us are doing well and are much better off being friends then spouses.
I lived with my folks for the past two years and tried to get on my feet and out on my own. I had a job at Wal-mart for a while and I loved it dearly. I was a cashier and the people were so fun. It felt so good to get out of the house everyday and taking care of myself, being able to buy the things I need and standing on my own two feet.
In November of 09' I had to quit my job because I was having a lot of abdominal pain and I collapsed at work. I spent from Nov to Feb in a lot of pain and so nauseous I could never keep my food down. Finally the hospital admitted me and I had surgery the end of February on my stomach. I spent two weeks in the hospital trying to recover and ended up losing a lot of blood. It took a while for them to stabilize me and send me home finally the beginning of March. (I can't believe that was a year ago now). It took a long time and a lot of pain before I was stable again and able to do things for myself at home.
(recap) This is the 3rd major surgery I've had on my stomach since '04. I was in a really bad car accident. A couple young kids weren't paying attention to what they were doing and they ran a red light doing 85 and totaled my car in Texas. I was there for a dentist apt the next day and my family sent me early and rented me a motel I got in a bit late that night as the apt was suppose to be 9:30am the next day. That car accident changed my life. You never know what may happen to you or how short life can be until something like this happens to you. My first surgery was in El Peso. The second one was in Lubbock and the third surgery was in Carlsbad NM. I pray that I will never have another but you never know.
I met a man in all this time and have been seeing him pretty steady for the past couple years now. I did meet him pretty fast after my husband and I broke up, but after the 3 and 1/2 years of neglect and abuse it was very nice to find someone who loves me for me. We have our problems but everyone does because no two people are alike but we are good together.
Now I'm in Australia and about to be married again. I think I might be crazy to be honest but its a good kinda crazy right now. We waited for 2 years to be sure that this was what we really wanted. I have been here in Perth Australia for 4 months now, and we will be getting married sooner then planned so I can stay in the country with him but it is so worth it. Its not easy finding someone who loves you for you, is interested in what your interested in and wants to be with you, take care of you and love you till your old and gray. He also knows more about me then anyone else ever has and I can be myself around him, fully and completely and I've never had that. Its a great feeling.
Being the really creative person that I am has been hard lately though as I'm just getting settled in over here and have had to give up a lot of my things and buy them anew over here, or wait for a time that I can send some of my things over here, mother is keeping a lot of it. I kinda spin my creative wheels and not get anywhere.
I have been doing some drawing and some writing but haven't gotten anything posted and I don't have a scanner so I can't put up the newer art work. Right now I'm also knitting and having a blast with it. I have 4 sets of needles right now and about 5 balls of yarn but its a start. I did get to get on eBay yesterday and order some new needles and a bit of yarn so that will add to my joy when it gets here. I can't believe how much I took my crafts and hobbies for granted when I had all I needed. The move has been worth it but it does make one think.
Religiously I'm settling in too, working on making friends and getting used to the new wheel of the year in the southern hemisphere. Its all very very interesting and feels strange to but it also feels like I've been living here for the whole of my life or atleast the last half of it. Its a very bazaar feeling to tell the truth, but its also nice.
Anyway more later on all of this action, I have 3 blogs and I hope I can keep up with all 3 of them, but then again I have nothing to do but spend time with my fiance as I'm not allowed to work right now. More on everything later.
Hugs Love and Light
Tracey

No comments: